Hygiene & Maintenance
PROFESSIONALS WHO WILL TREAT YOU
Your dentist will be there from start to finish. The dentist will spend a good amount of time with you conducting the initial examination. During these examinations you can expect for them to examine your gums and teeth, document any changes in your overall health and medicine use, talk to you about oral health care and answer any questions you might have about your oral health and home care products. Your dentist will also conduct an oral exam of your mouth, inside and outside, looking for signs of oral cancer or other diseases. A fully correlated treatment plan and any recommendations will also drafted. Continuing from the examination you can also expect the following:
- Cleaning – Though you may brush up to three times a day, there will always be places you just cannot reach. These can be in areas all the way at the back of your mouth or just below the surface of your gums. Regular 6-monthly cleans play the most important role for keeping your teeth and gums healthy for life. We only have one set – so why not make them last.
- Polishing – After your teeth have been cleaned, they are polished to remove plaque and stains on the tooth surface. The polish contains an abrasive substance and fluoride, and is applied using a small rotating rubber cup or brush attached to the dental hand piece.
- Prevention – Depending on the current state of your oral environment, your dentist will provide you further advice for you to carry out at home. This way we can work together as a team to help prevent anything more sinister to start.
- X-rays – If you haven’t been seen at Portrush Family Dental before then your dentist will likely take some X-rays. This help see between the teeth and under the gums where our eyes can’t see. This way if anything is happening we can catch it early and prevent things worsening. Otherwise, preventative X-rays will usually recommended to be taken every 2 years.
- Treatment recommendations – If any oral health problems are identified during your examination, your dentist will make recommendations for the best next steps. These might include referral to another oral health care specialist, additional diagnostic tests, or advice to return for restoration work or additional oral health care.
Dr. Richard Freytag
Years experience: 9
Richard is originally from the USA. He studied his first degree in Biology back in USA and then studied his second degree in Dentistry at the University of Adelaide. Richard is motivated in giving you the best treatment possible.
Dr. Priya Jeyakumar
Years experience: 9
Dr. Jeyakumar comes from Malaysia. She graduated in the same year as Dr. Freytag. She loves to treat children. She loves what she does and carries that towards her work and her patients.
Dr. Alan Neve
Dr. Eliza Hodgson
(08) 8362 4034
FOR EMERGENCY CASES